The Visual Communication Division of AEJMC is devoted to the study of visual communication and issues concerning the professional practice of visual media production for presentation. The division members represent a broad spectrum of methodology and application on all types of visual media—advertising, broadcast, digital imaging, film, graphic design, multimedia, Web design, app design, computational journalism, photojournalism, propaganda images, human-centered design, visual images and culture, visual literacy, and visual aspects of political campaigns, etc. The division publishes Visual Communication Quarterly and hosts the annual Best of the Web competition with the Communication Technology Division, the AEJMC logo competition, the Creative Projects competition, and student and faculty research paper competitions.
The top five reason to join the VisCom Division
- Networking and forming friendships with visual communication peers
- Participating in the invaluable mentoring program
- Subscription to the division’s top-notch research journal, Visual Communication Quarterly
- Immediate notification of visual communication job openings from across the nation and worldwide
- Opportunities to become involved in visual communication areas internationally
Download the VisCom Division brochure to learn more.