[AEJMC Newspaper Division list] An Old Coot's thoughts about the "Newspaper" Division

Bob Stepno bob at stepno.com
Wed Aug 11 21:00:16 CDT 2010

Interesting idea, Clyde...

But why not just embrace those free-standing online news sites and
mobile news sites: Either update our name to it "Newspaper and Online
News Division"  or inform those new organizations that they ARE
"newspapers" in a new 21st century sense of the word... just as bits
of information on a screen are "pages" without the use of actual
paper?

Anyone have editing-access to add a fourth line to this "page"?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/newspaper

Maybe forming a new division would be easier...

But adding ".. and Online News" to the name wouldn't abandon the
newspaper industry -- it would acknowledge that everyone in the
industry right now is printing online as well as on paper.

Bob