Professional Freedom & Responsibility (PF&R)
What is Professional Freedom & Responsibility (PF&R)?
Professional freedom and responsibility encompasses research, teaching and service and is related to AEJMC members’ interaction with the media professions through preparation of students for media careers, research examining media roles and responsibilities, and service to the professions through engagement and training. Service in support of professional freedom and responsibility is an essential expectation of every member of AEJMC. Members should work in support of the principles of professional freedom and responsibility within this organization, at their home institutions, and in society at large.
To read more about the 6 PF&R Guidelines for AEJMC members, click here.
What are the responsibilities of the MC&S Division’s PF&R Committee?
1. To coordinate assignment of newsletter articles covering PF& R issues
2. To assist in meeting PF&R goals of division
3. To recognize need for in-convention and out-of-convention activities
4. To provide PF&R report for inclusion in annual report
5. To attend Council of Divisions PF&R Chair training session at convention